Turnkey Project HV Supply Case Study
SCOPE OF WORKS
DESIGN, INSTALLATION, TEST & COMMISSION
WHAT THE CLIENT WANTED
Our scope of work included for the supply and installation of a new private network. The customer had a green field site with little design or specification – just an end result and capacity requirement.
What We Did
After many meetings and discussions with the Client and Distribution Network Operator (DNO), Western Power, we were able to put our nominated Design Engineer to work, starting with both an HV and LV cable calculation report. Working closely with Western Power (DNO) to meet their requirements as well as our client’s expectations, our Earth Study, Cable calculation report and Transformer specifications were all accepted and the turnkey project contract was awarded to INDSS in January 2020.
Upon delivery and final place positioning of the Transformer, INDSS commenced work with the termination of cabling into the DNO Switchgear, transformer and the LV panel. When all cabling was complete, we then commenced commissioning of the transformer and cable pressure testing of the new HV cable. Our final piece of work was to install an intricate earth nest that protected the DNO’s substation as well as the transformer enclosure.
The project went live in February 2020 and was handed over to the client with a full O&M manual.
- All installation works completed within client timescales, within budget and without incidents
- Careful planning and co-ordination with DNO to ensure a smooth installation
- Design reports drafted efficiently to ensure deadlines are met
- Installation and commissioning of new Transformer
- Installation of all high and low voltage cabling including terminating
- Design and installation of earth nest around the new transformer and DNO substation
- Successful turnkey project
INDSS Ltd are one of the UK’s leading independent substation contractors
specialising in high voltage engineering
Please click on the links below to see some of our recent projects.
HIGH AND LOW VOLTAGE SERVICES
Independent Substation Services Ltd
Unit 55 Edison Road,
01296 434 808