Installation, Test & Commission Case Study
Installation, Test & Commission
SCOPE OF WORKS
Replace 5 no. oil cooled transformers including HV & LV cabling
WHAT THE CLIENT WANTED
What We Did
After an initial site visit INDSS, working closely with our client, drafted a works programme which had the added requirement to maintain continuous supply to the tunnel vent building for the duration of the 7-week timeframe. As appointed Senior Authorised Person INDSS drafted a comprehensive switching schedule which included for all installation, testing and commissioning activities. Upon approval from the client, INDSS connected temporary interconnector cables on the LV switchgear in order to maintain supplies at all times, this allowed us to commence with the de-commissioning of the first oil cooled transformer that was to be replaced. This project continued over several consecutive weeks replacing one oil cooled transformer and associated cabling at a time.
The project commenced towards the end of October and was completed in early December within our clients 7 week timeframe, it was carried out within budget, zero incidents and no interruption to supply.
- All switching works completed within client timescales, within budget and without incidents
- Careful planning and co-ordination with client to ensure all installation works were completed within timeframe
- INDSS as nominated Senior Authorised Person to undertake all switching duties
- Manipulation of existing supply in order to maintain supply at all times
- Drafting of complex work programmes and switching schedules
INDSS Ltd are one of the UK’s leading independent substation contractors
specialising in high voltage engineering
Please click on the links below to see some of our recent projects.
HIGH AND LOW VOLTAGE SERVICES
Independent Substation Services Ltd
Unit 55 Edison Road,
01296 434 808