Installation, Test & Commission Case Study
Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel
Installation, Test & Commission
SCOPE OF WORKS
Upgrade of Customer’s HV Network
WHAT THE CLIENT WANTED
What We Did
After many meetings and discussions with the Client and Estates Management team, we were able to design a specific cable route to allow for the upgrade of the existing HV Circuit breakers. Upon approval of the design, INDSS commenced work with the dismantling of the existing 3 no. Holec Circuit breakers which involved decommissioning each unit and dismantling it into parts small enough to remove them from the hotel via the goods/service lift. All the while keeping the hotel supply unaffected.
Part of the works included working closely with Canary Estates to arrange a partial road closure to allow for a mobile crane to be used to lift the new CE2 circuit breakers to the plant room located on the roof of the building.
Upon delivery and final positioning of the new CE2 circuit breakers INDSS commenced work with the termination of cabling into the new circuit breakers, this involved careful manipulation of the switchboard to allow the hotel to keep their essential supplies running at all times thus causing minimum disruption to business. This project was completed over a 3-week period and was successfully commissioned and handed back to the Estates Management team on time and within budget.
After an expertly executed project, we now undertake continued annual maintenance on behalf of the hotel.
- All installation works completed within client timescales, within budget and without incidents
- Careful planning and co-ordination with Estates Management to ensure a smooth installation
- Cable routing design specification
- Installation and commissioning of new circuit breakers
- De-installation and removal of existing outdated circuit breakers
- Project planning to ensure smooth operations surrounding road closures
- Careful manipulation of the switchboard to minimise business disruption
- Continued annual maintenance to ensure equipment is kept in good working order
INDSS Ltd are one of the UK’s leading independent substation contractors
specialising in high voltage engineering
Please click on the links below to see some of our recent projects.
HIGH AND LOW VOLTAGE SERVICES
Independent Substation Services Ltd
Unit 31 Edison Road,
01296 434 808